Launch Your Creativity Blog
Facebook
Blog

HomeAbout LYCUpcoming EventsGuest SpeakersBusiness Basics

Friday, September 16, 2011

Meet DesignHer Brands

Melissa Bolton
I'm Melissa Bolton, owner of Designher Brands.  I specialize in helping women owned, web based business start-ups through effective copywriting and marketing.  I am also able to freshen up an existing business.  Whether you need a hand to hold through the beginning or are ready for a make over, I'm here to help.  I've been in marketign and sales for over twenty years and pride myself on my powers of persuasion and efficient use of language. I started my web-based business, Designher Brands, because I am passionate about helping women in small businesses succeed.  I offer creative and affordable solutions to get your business ahead of the curve.
With hundreds of thousands of new web businesses cropping up every day, you need to find a way to stand out in the crowd.  Effective copywriting and creative marketing does just that. I offer a wide array of services designed to suit the needs of almost every aspiring entrepreneur.  I've helped everyone from brick and mortar stores looking to break into the ever growing online marketplace to stay home moms looking to earn some extra income.  No matter what challenges you face, we can design a package to suit your needs AND your budget. 

I have a strong sales and marketing background.  My first foray into the working world came at age 22 as a cosmetics counter manager at the mall.  Through innovative channels and creative marketing, I was able to increase business 200% within the first six months.  Nine months after being promoted to manager of the Clinique counter, we achieved $1,000,000 in sales.  The first time in the counter's history.  Dan Brestle, CEO of the Estee Lauder company even flew in to take us out to celebrate! 

After figuring out that I had a talent for sales and marketing, I graduated from the world of retail to the world of finance.  I worked as a stock broker from 1994-2002.  My career as a broker spanned from a financial advisor to a Branch Manager and Vice-President.  I worked with everything from stocks to annuities to mutual funds to commodities to futures and options and more.  After my daughter was born, I decided to trade in the corporate world for motherhood.  As a stay home mom, I quickly found myself needing a creative outlet.  I began Adored Before in late 2002 and still run the successful business today. 

My business has been through many changes over the years, but one thing has remained consistent.  Adaption.  To run a successful small business you need to be able to adapt to the inevitable changes in the economy, market demand, styles and much more.  Sometimes you need to make some changes to maintain interest.  Making changes while maintaining your established brand is not as easy as you might think.  I can help with unique marketing and creativity that brings fresh and rejuvenated content to your website.

Having an identity crisis?  Whether you don't know what to say or are having trouble getting your message across, it’s time to talk.  Let me help you to expose yourself and your business in the most impressive and favorable light.   Your time is better spent running your business.  Leave the rest to me. 




~Follow Your Creative BLISS~
Sharon

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Love this Melissa...you are such a strong presence in the online world and you have a sharing nature that encourages others to be their best!