Launch Your Creativity Blog
Facebook
Blog

HomeAbout LYCUpcoming EventsGuest SpeakersBusiness Basics

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cynthia Thompson Schaffer

Launch Your Creativity is so proud to announce Cynthia Thompson Schaffer 
will be speaking at April's event!
Cynthia Thompson Shaffer
Photographer.Author.Designer.Teacher

Cynthia has authored, Stash Happy Patchwork  and Stash Happy Applique, (Lark Crafts) that are being sold everywhere books are sold and on Amazon. I have 1 book that I co-authored with Jenny Doh, Serge It, (also Lark Crafts), due out April 1, 2014 but available for pre-order on Amazon. I am currently designing and making projects for my 4th book! I have photographed 25+ books in the past 4 years and am currently photographing 3 more books. I have contributed art to 30+ books and magazines, including cover art for 9. 

I started sewing as a kid, like 6 years old. Santa brought me a little tiny sewing machine for Christmas one year and that pretty much shaped the rest of my life. Soon after, I was knitting, crocheting, oil painting and well, you name it, I've tried it!

Way back when ... before I was married, I owned and manufactured a multi-million dollar line of sportswear that was sold world wide ... including Nordstrom! A few years after I was married, the kids came along and soon I realized that I could not do it all and be good at it all. I like to be good at what I do. So, we, my business partner and I closed our doors. Life changed at that point, but I do not regret for a single day being home with my kids while they were young! 

Upon meeting Cynthia you will feel like you've known her forever. Her warm outlook and can do attitude will give you the courage to tackle your dreams. Visit her here for Inspiration.


No comments: